JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- An elderly man was killed in a Saturday morning house fire in Northwest Jacksonville according to JFRD.
Firefighters arrived at the scene just after 5 a.m. and found the house in the 400 block of Wade Drive nearly fully engulfed in flames.
After extinguishing the fire, firefighters entered the residence and came across the body of a deceased elderly man.
The victim's identification has not been released.
The State Fire Marshal's Office is currently investigating the blaze and is trying to figure out on whether a space heater is to blame for the incident.
The fire is estimated to have caused $25,000 worth of damage.