Firefighters save dog from house fire
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire.
Flames started in the home on Julington Creek Road Thursday afternoon. Firefighters say it started in the kitchen after food was left on the stove.
No one was home at the time but firefighters did have to revive a dog.
The home was badly damaged. The Red Cross is helping the family with a place to stay.
Copyright 2012 High Plains Broadcasting LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.