JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jacksonville University announced a fundraising campaign on Friday that will bring scholarships and new athletic facilities to the school. The goal is to raise $85 million for scholarships and new facilities.
JU's incoming president Tim Cost, who is also the campaign's chairman, said the school will enhance its public appearance and internal programs through a project called ASPIRE.
"With ASPIRE, we are taking aggressive steps to propel us even further toward being the exemplary private university our region needs in order to thrive," Cost said
The campaign began quietly in 2009. The university outlined five pillars on Friday. They are:
- Scholarships and academics--- $19 million
- College of heath sciences growth--- $20 million
- Enhancing campus and student life---$8.4 million
- Athletics---$17.6 million
- Financial vitality ---$20 million
For more information, go to www.ju.edu/aspire.