JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan was named to the board of the new NFL Foundation.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement at an NFL meeting in Dallas Wednesday.
The non-profit organization will award more than $23 million in grants next year to support youth and high school football programs and other health initiatives.
"I'm flattered to be asked by Commissioner Goodell to be among the first to serve the NFL Foundation, and naturally I'm proud to accept the invitation and get to work," Khan said. "I'm certain we will accomplish many good things through the NFL Foundation. We have an opportunity and obligation to make a difference in three key areas that I am personally passionate about -youth football, health and safety, and making a sincere investment in our communities - and our time to make that difference is now."
The other NFL Foundation board members are:
• CHARLOTTE JONES ANDERSON, Executive Vice President/Vice President of Brand Management/ President of the Charity Foundation, Dallas Cowboys
• MICHAEL BIDWILL, President, Arizona Cardinals
• MARY OWEN, Executive Vice President of Strategic Planning, Buffalo Bills
• MIKE REINFELDT, Senior Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Tennessee Titans
• ARTHUR J. ROONEY II, President, Pittsburgh Steelers
• LEONARD WILF, Owner/Vice Chairman, Minnesota Vikings
For more information on The National Football League Foundation, visit: www.NFL-Foundation.org