Unseasonable warmth to continue through the weekend & into early next week. A cold front will finally make its way to the First Coast Mon. night-Tue. & will bring cool -- but not terribly far below avg. -- temps. by the middle of next week.
So kickoff for the Thu. night Jags' game will be very mild. Under partly cloudy skies & light winds from the southeast, temps. will be in the mid to upper 60s only slowly falling into the low to mid 60s during the game. A light jacket or sweater should be plenty to keep fans comfortable.
Thu. is "Angel Tree Day" on Action News -- CBS 47 & Fox 30. Action News is again the proud media sponsor of the Salvation Army's Angel Tree - a program that will bring gifts to some 3,000+ local children that have been prescreened. Take a tag from a participating Angel Tree business... the tag will guide you while you shop ... & return the bag filled with gifts by Sat., Dec. 14th. Click ** here ** for info. & participating businesses.
Action News is partnering with the Jags next Tue., Dec. 10th. Come on down to EverBank Field & "give the gift of life":When: Tuesday, December 10th, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (projection of 1,000 donors needed)
Where: EverBank Field – East Touchdown Club (One Stadium Place, Jacksonville, FL 32202)
Random Drawing Giveaways:
· Five (5) pairs of private luxury suite tickets to the Jacksonville Jaguars vs Tennessee Titans on Sunday, December 22, at EverBank Field, (includes complimentary food and drinks for donors)
· 10 autographed Jaguars footballs
· 1 autographed Jaguars replica helmet
· All donors who register to donate through Jan. 11, 2014, will also be entered to win a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado* (compliments of Nimnicht Chevrolet).
Every donor will receive a Gift Box including:
- Jaguars commemorative Gift of Life t-shirt
- The Blood Alliance donor license plate, bumper sticker, magnet and HERO necklace.
- Appearances by Jaguars players, The ROAR, and Jaxson de Ville
- Complimentary food for donors
- Live bands and music
- Face painters, magician & balloon art
· Daycare for donors with children
· Live ACTION NEWS coverage throughout the day
· Live COX radio remotes throughout the day.
To make an appointment to donate visit ** here **, use TBA’s free Apple and Android app at: “iDon8” or call The Blood Alliance at: 888-99-TBA-HERO (888.998.2243)
S The Blood Alliance is the ONLY provider of blood to ALL area hospitals in NE Florida.
S If donors gave two times per year, blood shortages could be prevented.
S The Blood Alliance must collect blood from more than 360 donors every day to meet the needs of area hospitals.
S Blood collected by The Blood Alliance is used to treat local patients in our community.
S Of the roughly 40% of healthy Americans who can donate blood, less than 10% do.
S One pint of blood can save the lives of up to 3 people! It takes about an hour to donate.
*Promotional registration period runs August 12, 2013, through January 11, 2014. Chevrolet Silverado provided compliments of Nimnicht Chevrolet, Jacksonville, Florida. Twenty (20) qualifiers will be chosen at random from a pool of registered donors who register at The Blood Alliance blood drives and The Blood Alliance donor centers throughout the period. Winner will be chosen from the pool of qualifiers by random drawing at Nimnicht Chevrolet, 1550 Cassat Ave., Jacksonville, Florida 32210, on January 31, 2014. Winner must be at least 18 years old and a licensed driver. Winner is responsible for all documents, taxes, and cost of tag and title. Pictured truck is for display purposes only, color and options may vary. Employees of The Blood Alliance, Nimnicht Chevrolet, 30 Second Street Media, Frontline Solutions and their immediate family members are not eligible for this promotion. Each time you register to donate you are automatically entered to win. No purchase, contribution, or blood donation necessary to enter. Go to igiveblood.com for details.