ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Three 1,120-pound, 18th-century replica cannons now occupy a park that once was the site of a 38-day siege led by the British.
The city of St. Augustine, along with several other organizations, raised $13,000 to cover the cost of the project.
The canons were officially unveiled Sunday at their final resting place at Oglethorpe Battery Park.
The cannons are on concrete slabs and aimed toward the Castillo de San Marcos, just like they were aimed by General James Oglethorpe's men back in 1740.
Oglethorpe Park is located at the intersection of Oglethorpe, Arredondo and Alcazar streets in St. Augustine.