First Alert Weather Alert: Flood Warning expires at 10:04 PM on 4/24, issued at 10:04 PM Blackshear, GA | Bristol, GA | Mershon, GA | Millwood, GA

Beach Bowl remains closed after kitchen fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 9/18/2013 6:19 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Beach fire fighters were called out to a kitchen fire at beach bowl Tuesday morning.

Jax Beach fire chief Gary Fraizer said it was a grease fire.

The manager of Sunrise Surf Shop, Dane Jefferys, said he was able to catch video of the flames on his iPad.

Jefferys said after catching the fire on camera, he ran over to see if people inside of the bowling alley were okay.

He said that's when he saw a handful of people running out of the burning building.

"I went over to see if the people needed water or towels and they just seemed like try we're in shock," Jefferys said.

Jefferys said he was able to talk to a woman who was working in the kitchen.

"She said she turned her head for one second, heard a poof and grease was shooting all over the walls," Jefferys said.

Frazier said some people were treated for smoke inhalation, but no one was taken to the hospital.

The owner of Beach Bowl on Wednesday said the business remains closed.  Crews still have a lot to cleanup.

Bowlers are being asked to check back daily.  The Kings and Queens League will not bowl on Wednesday night.

For breaking news on the go, download the Action News Mobile App.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Action News Jacksonville

No comments yet!
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.