Child playing with lighter sparks house fire
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Quick work by Jacksonville firefighters keeps fire from spreading throughout a home.
The Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department responded to this home off Sapphire Street, on Jacksonville's Northside on Thursday.
According to JFRD, a child was playing in his bedroom with a lighter which caught the mattress on fire. Damage was contained to that bedroom, and no injuries were sustained.
The family is staying with relatives.
Copyright 2013 Cox Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.