First Alert Weather Alert: Flood Warning expires at 10:04 PM on 4/24, issued at 10:04 PM Blackshear, GA | Bristol, GA | Mershon, GA | Millwood, GA

Family loses home to fire on Thanksgiving

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 11/29/2013 12:06 am
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A family of three is homeless on Thanksgiving, burned out of their home by fire.

The fire happened early Thursday morning at a home on Myrtis and Gladwynne roads on the Northside.

The family, two adults and a child, was sleeping when the fire began.

The rental home is a total loss, according to firefighters.

The American Red Cross is helping the family with temporary housing.

There has been no word yet on a cause.

Share
1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Action News Jacksonville

Fred Thompson - 11/28/2013 8:05 PM
0 Votes
Tradgic! Wiring/space heater!?
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.