House fire in Palm Coast sends multiple people to the hospital
PALM COAST, Fla. -- Multiple people were taken to a hospital after a Palm Coast home caught fire Thursday night. The fire sparked at 33 Westminster Drive.
According to the Flagler County Sheriff's Office, the fire started when a car battery exploded.
Police said one man was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center because his lower legs needed to be treated for burns.
According to the sheriff's office, the other family members including three children aged 2, 3, and 6, were taken to Florida Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Deputies found five small marijuana plants inside the home as well.
The American Red Cross is helping out the family.
Copyright 2013 Cox Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.