Man, daughter jump out of window to escape fire
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Red Cross is assisting a family on the Northside today after a fire ripped through their home.
The fire started just before 8 this morning at the home on West 33rd Street. According to JFRD, it was started by a cigarette that fell into a couch on the porch. The fire damaged the porch and a portion of the front room of the house. Damage is estimated at $10,000.
According to a man who lives in the home, he and his daughter had to jump out his bedroom window to make it out safely. Another man who was home at the time was transported to UF & Shands Hospital in Jacksonville with minor injuries. No one else was hurt.
Copyright 2013 Cox Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.