JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Mayor Alvin Brown announced a proposal to restore city services previously cut during the last budget process.
In October, the City Finance Department performed its annual financial review and discovered unspent funds from the previous year.
That money will be reinvested into areas like city maintenance and community development.
• $660,000 to increase the frequency of maintain right of ways.
• $300,000 for streetlight activation to restore the lighting-related cutbacks in last year's budget.
• $89,500 to reimburse JSO police officers for job-related educational expenses.
• $430,000 invested in housing, retail and commercial development in the Soutel/King area in NW Jacksonville.
• $67,000 focused on increasing employment and recruiting businesses at JIA.
City Council must approve the Mayor's proposal.