JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jacksonville Fire and Rescue crews are on the scene of a house fire that destroyed a home on the Northside early this morning.
According to the JFRD, the call came in to respond to a home on Belleshore Circle at 3:42 a.m. They report the homeowner was inside and was able to escape unharmed.
Crews blame a space heater in a florida room for sparking the fire. Our Action News reporter Deanna Bettineschi counts 15 firefighting units are on the scene.
Also rescued from the burning home were three dogs; crews are still looking for a missing cat at this time. The Red Cross is also there to assist the homeowner.
For breaking news on the go, download our Action News App.