ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A fire at a triplex on Loring Village Court is out this morning, but some families are being forced to stay elsewhere.
The Orange Park Fire Department says a family pet woke up residents in the building, but there was not a working smoke detector.
Some families living in the building were forced to stay outside until the carbon monoxide from the fire cleared. Other units suffered so much damage, that families were forced to seek help from the Red Cross to find a place to stay.
No residents or firefighters were hurt in the blaze, but the Orange Park Fire Department says it is a good reminder to everyone to make sure you have a working smoke detector in your home or apartment.