Odor forces St. Augustine Barnes & Noble evacuation
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The Barnes & Noble Booksellers location in the 1900 block of U.S. 1 South was briefly evacuated Wednesday after an odor was detected in the store, according to St. Johns Fire Rescue.
Firefighters say they traced the odor to an electrical problem with a rooftop air conditioning unit.
Employees and customers were allowed to re-enter the bookstore after a brief evacuation.
SJCFR reports that there were no injuries and damage was limited to the AC unit.
Copyright 2014 Cox Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.