JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Most city government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Feb. 18 in observance of the Presidents Day holiday.
The offices that will be closed include:
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
(The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Supervisor of Elections branch office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks and Recreation Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks and Recreation Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Jacksonville Children's Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Behavioral and Human Services Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Grounds Maintenance administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & LaVilla Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Jacksonville Public Library (Main Library and branches)
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected as usual on Monday, Feb. 18; however, appliances will not be collected. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be closed on Monday, Feb. 18. The Trail Ridge Landfill, located at 5110 U.S. Highway 301, will maintain normal operating hours.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) on Monday, Feb. 18. Day-use visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Visitors of campers should pre-register with the office and acquire a visitor pass to stay in the park until 10 p.m. Camping reservations can be made by phone Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences that could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions prior to visiting the park by calling (904) 251-3335 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) on Monday, Feb. 18. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 5:30 pm - 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check in by 9 p.m. and have tents and all other equipment set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
The Cecil Aquatics Center, located at 13611 Normandy Blvd., and the Cecil Gymnasium and Fitness Center, located at 13531 Lake Newman St., will be closed on Monday, Feb. 18. All 33 outdoor city pools are closed for the season.
All three city tennis complexes-Southside Park Tennis Complex, 1541 Hendricks Ave.; Boone Park Tennis Complex, 3700 Park St.; and Clanzel T. Brown Park Tennis Complex, 4575 Moncrief Road-will be open from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 18.