Teen calls 911 to save lives from fire in NW Jacksonville
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A teenager is being credited with saving lives during a fire at his grandmother's house.
The fire happened at a home on Breve Drive.
Tavian Ones, 15, saw the flames. He told Action News he tried to put the fire out but it was too big.
"When I first got up and saw the fire, it was already so big I couldn't even start to put it out so I decided to call 911 and let them handle it," said Tavian.
The fire started in his grandmother's bedroom. Firefighters believe an electric heater sparked the fire.
Tavian says his family is pretty shocked that they lost everything. He says they'll be looking for a new place to live.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 Cox Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.