JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- Here is a list of offices that will be closed in Jacksonville in observance of Thanksgiving Day on Thursday and Friday.
Nov. 22 and Nov. 23 closures include:
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Supervisor of Elections branch office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks and Recreation Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks and Recreation Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Jacksonville Children's Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Behavioral and Human Services Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Grounds Maintenance administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
Jacksonville Public Library
The Jacksonville Public Library (Main Library and all branches) will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21. All libraries will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will not be collected on Thanksgiving Day. Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling normally collected on Thursday will be collected on Saturday, Nov. 24. For those who regularly receive Friday collection service, residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected as usual on Friday, Nov. 23. Appliances will not be collected on Friday, Nov. 23.
The Trail Ridge Landfill, 5110 U.S. Highway 301, will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 but will resume normal operating hours on Friday, Nov. 23. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave., will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23, but will resume normal operating hours on Saturday, Nov. 24.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday. Nov. 23. Day-use visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Visitors of campers should pre-register with the office and acquire a visitor pass to stay in the park until 10 p.m. Camping reservations can be made by phone Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions prior to visiting the park by calling (904) 251-3335 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday. Nov. 23. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors with permits must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 5:30 - 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check-in by 9 p.m. and have tents set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
The Ritz Theatre & Museum
The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St., will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23 but will resume normal operating hours on Saturday, Nov. 24.
The Cecil Aquatics Center, an indoor facility at 13611 Normandy Blvd., and the Cecil Gymnasium and Fitness Center, located at 13531 Lake Newman St., will be closed Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday Nov. 23 but will resume normal operating hours on Saturday, Nov. 24. All 33 outdoor city pools are closed for the season.
All three city tennis complexes - Southside Park Tennis Complex, 1541 Hendricks Ave.; Boone Park Tennis Complex, 3700 Park St.; and Clanzel T. Brown Park Tennis Complex, 4575 Moncrief Road - will be closed on Thursday, Nov 22. All three tennis complexes will be open from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23 and will resume normal operating hours for the remainder of the weekend.