PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Office joined forces with the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco to combat the sale of alcoholic beverages to persons under 21.
Law enforcement officers had undercover juveniles visit 18 stores in Putnam County and attempt to purchase alcohol illegally. Of the 18 stores, seven were found selling alcohol to minors.
Following is a listing of stores where the clerks violated the law:
1. Lake Como Food Mart – 1971 S. Hwy. 17, Lake Como, Fla
2. Kangaroo Express – 1171 S. Hwy. 17, Satsuma, Fla.
3. One Stop Food Mart – 331 S. Hwy. 17, East Palatka, Fla.
4. Kangaroo – 1205 S. SR 19, Palatka, Fla.
5. Kangaroo – 720 S. SR 19, Palatka, Fla.
6. ABC Liquors – Palatka, Fla.
7. Jas Food Mart – 101 N. 19th St., Palatka, Fla.
Complaint affidavits were filed with the State Attorney’s Office in most cases. One arrest was made on the clerk at the Jas Food Mart after numerous complaints were received by Crime Stoppers and the Sheriff’s Office about underage sale violations at the store.