Duplex fire victim identified
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- One man has died in a duplex fire off Jadestone Drive this morning.
A State Fire Marshal spokesperson, Andy Redding, says the fire occurred in the right side of the duplex. The left side was unoccupied. He says foul play isn't suspected.
JSO on Monday identified the fire victim as 50-year-old Gregory Caldwell, the homeowner.
Redding says it appears the fire started in back patio of the house. Investigators found electrical equipment and a space heater, which they believe could've been the cause.
Family members arrived at the scene around 5 this morning. One woman says it was her uncle who died in the home. Police say she may be a cousin. She was arrested at the scene.
"She was warned several times about entering the crime scene and had actually escorted out and later she snuck around and was actually in the back yard of the house," says JSO Sgt. Terrence James. According to JSO, she was arrested for breach of peace and resisting arrest.
The victim of the fire has not officially been identified.
For the latest on breaking news anytime, just download our Action News App.
Copyright 2013 Cox Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.