JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A fifth grader died Wednesday night after accidentally choking himself with the loop of a rope swing on the Bolles Middle School Bartrum Campus.
According to authorities, fifth grade student, Ryan Perry, was playing on the ropes course with his sister near the athletic fields.
The little girl left for a short time and when she came back, she found Ryan on the ground with the loop of the swing around his neck.
A Bolles faculty member and parent that is a doctor administered CPR on Ryan until paramedics arrived. Ryan was taken to Baptist Medical Center where he died.
The school will be open tomorrow and will provide grief counselors for support. The school has decided to reschedule the Middle School Parent Night and the Lower Schools Picnic until a later date.