Jacksonville University is a private university founded in 1934. The university is known for being nestled on the St. Johns riverfront, and offering more than 70 majors, minors and pre-professional programs.
Here are five signs you went to JU:
1. You had to walk through the valley to get to and from class.
2. You had history with Dr. Walker Blanton.
3. You could walk right next to the St. Johns River on campus and see dolphins swimming.
4. Your campus was filled with beautiful oak trees.
5. You had the oldest living mascot, known as "Nellie." #RIP
This list was written by Jacksonville University alumnus.
Visit our back to school section for the school lunch menus, supply lists and mom hacks.
Watch the Action News Jax Family Focus special on Aug. 7 at 8 p.m. on CBS47.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
5 things all JU students know to be true
Updates: UF braces for white nationalist Richard Spencer event
White nationalist Richard Spencer to speak at University of Florida
Jacksonville among top up-and-coming cities in America, report says
Families fighting to save their Ponte Vedra Beach homes from shrinking shoreline