Jacksonville officers are seeing an increase in burglaries at apartment complexes in the Southside Boulevard and Baymeadows areas.
Officers with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office say the following locations have been hit during the last 14 days:
• Coventry Park at Southpoint - 6650 Corporate Center Parkway – Two incidents
• Del Sol Apartments - 7900 Baymeadows Cir. E – One incident
• St. Johns Plantation Apartments - 7595 Baymeadows Circle W. – Three incidents
• Point Park - 9765 Southbrook Drive – Two incidents
• Pointe Parc at St Johns - 7524 Southside Blvd – Two incidents
The majority of the burglaries happened during the daytime hours. The burglars forced their way in through front doors at many of the homes and stole televisions, JSO officials said.
JSO officials are asking the public to report any suspicious persons looking in or around buildings.
The following advice is offered to protect yourself from would-be thieves:
• If your apartment door doesn’t have a deadbolt lock, it’s a good idea to have one installed.
• Get to know your neighbors. Then, you’ll know if someone doesn’t belong. Arrange to keep an eye on each other’s apartments while away.
• Report any burned-out lights, non-functional locks or doors to the resident manager and request they be replaced as soon as possible.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to contact JSO at 904-630-0500 or email JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org.
To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward up to $3,000 contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.