Updated:LAKE CITY, Fla. —
A woman's car, which had a lit candle inside, became engulfed in flames at a Lake City gas station Wednesday afternoon.
The woman went into the gas station just after 2 p.m. when a customer rushed inside and alerted everyone the woman's car was on fire, according to Columbia County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Murray Smith.
The Columbia County Fire Department responded to the Spires gas station at State Road 100 and U.S. 90 and was able to extinguish the fire. The car and a surrounding gas pump were damaged.
Smith said the woman will not face any charges, as they are treating it as an accident.
Car with lighted candle inside starts fire at Lake City gas station
Action News Jax anchors discuss their experiences mentoring…
Buses return to roads as Duval County students head back to school
Action News Jax Investigates: Kids being arrested in Duval County schools
Safety on the busy roads near schools