ORMOND BEACH, Fla. - A warning has been issued to any dog owners who take their pets to Bicentennial Park in Ormond Beach.
At least seven fish hooks were found placed in meat at the dog park Tuesday, deputies said.
A dog ate one of the meatballs, but WFTV-TV's Channel 9’s Mike Springer was told the dog did not ingest a hook.
A deputy searched the park along the east fence line and found a meatball in the grass, investigators said. The deputy said the meat was cold and sweating like it had been frozen and was beginning to thaw.
Investigators believe the meat was liverwurst.
The deputy said two years ago, he received reports of meat stuffed with pills at the same park.
Channel 9’s Lauren Seabrook is following this developing story. Follow her on Twitter and Eyewitness News at 4 p.m. for updates.
7 meatballs with hooks in them were found around the park. A dog ate one but is okay and didn’t digest any hooks
— Mike Springer WFTV (@mspringerwftv) November 8, 2017
© 2017 Cox Media Group.