Updated:ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. —
A neighbor who was shocked while trying to save another man from electrocution is still in the hospital.
Chad R. Janes was using a chainsaw to cut branches off of a tree that had fallen on a power line Thursday when he was electrocuted.
Joseph Charles Sheffield, a neighbor, heard a loud boom and went outside to try to help Janes by moving him.
As a result, Sheffield experienced electric shock.
Sheffield is at UF Health Shands Gainesville waiting on a skin graft. The procedure is scheduled for Wednesday.
Sheffield says he will be released in a week and a half.
Neighbor recovering after attempting to save man from electrocution
Action News Jax anchors discuss their experiences mentoring…
Buses return to roads as Duval County students head back to school
Action News Jax Investigates: Kids being arrested in Duval County schools
Safety on the busy roads near schools