JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A gunman is still being sought a year after a Jacksonville father was shot and killed behind a popular Riverside restaurant.
Jacksonville police said Daniel Rowe, who worked at Blind Rabbit, was shot and killed behind the restaurant while taking the trash out. Despite numerous tips throughout the year no arrest has been made in the case.
Rowe left behind a young daughter and a fiancée. Rowe’s friends and family said he was a guy who would do anything for them.
"I can't imagine going through this every year with no answers. So we just have to hope that answers come," said Rowe's mother, Raelyn.
Rowe didn't have any known enemies and was just doing his job when he was killed.
Four Kickback employees were robbed at gunpoint in June. Surveillance video shows a man believed to have robbed the Kickbacks employees at gunpoint.
Jacksonville police said there is no connection between the two cases.
Rowe's family is holding a vigil Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the corner of King and Post streets. The community is welcome to attend.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- 18-year-old busted in St. Johns county house party; parents in Italy
- Reports: Avondale ice cream store owner is facing backlash for viral rant
- Couple arrested after riding nude on lawn mower
- Lonzie Barton case: ‘Everyone in the room had true emotional attachment to the case'
- Sculpture named Graham shows what we'd have to look like to survive a car crash
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
No arrests made a year after Blind Rabbit deadly shooting
How to avoid rip-offs on Black Friday
Man says CSX train blocking U.S. 90 in Baldwin added 20 minutes to his…
Teen says she was raped inside Jacksonville classroom, wants to share…
Daughter of County Road 210 crash victim: 'I want her to know how much I…