LAKE CITY, Fla. - Update 8:15 p.m.: In a press release, the Lake City Police Department said the 18-year-old man who was shot in the head at Windsong Apartments was breathing when they arrived to the scene, but after deputies conducted CPR and paramedics arrived, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
LCPD said the victim, who was an 18-year-old black male, has been identified, but they are not releasing his identity until his family has been notified.
"This senseless act of violence will not be tolerated," LCPD Chief Dr. Argatha Golmore said. "We are currently following several leads and hope to bring swift justice to whoever committed this murder. In the meantime, we ask that sympathy and thoughts go to the victim's family."
The Lake City Police Department said an 18-year-old man was killed by a single gun shot to the head Saturday afternoon.
Police responded to the Windsong Apartments Saturday afternoon in reference to the shooting and evacuated the building where the man was found.
The gunshot wound was not self-inflicted, according to police.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- FHP: Woman on moped killed in hit-and-run in Clay County
- TV reporter killed when stunt plane crashes in Louisiana
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Father of 3 killed in Jacksonville Beach shooting near 17th Avenue North and 2nd Street
- St. Augustine Beach plastic ban in jeopardy