Local photographer offers free prom photo shoot for seniors as coronavirus threatens dance

Free prom photoshoots for students

NASSAU COUNTY, Fla. — A Nassau County photographer is making sure high school students don’t miss out on important moments because of the coronavirus.

Dana Cockerham, owner of Bella Blue Photography, told Action News Jax she has been snapping pictures of special moments for more than a decade.

Content Continues Below

“I mainly do families, high school seniors, and weddings," she said.

According to the photographer, the coronavirus put all events on hold.

She said as a parent she especially feels for students who might miss out on prom.

“This is an important moment in these kids’ lives," she said. “I think it’s important that we recognize that.”

Recently, she made a post to her Bella Blue Photography page on Facebook – offering free prom photo shoots to seniors.

On Tuesday, the photographer said she has one date set and it’s full of appointments.

“We’re doing them every 15 minutes, and I’ve got them from 3 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., “ Cockerham said.

She added that the pictures will look a little different from the rest of her work because of social distancing.

“We’re not going to do this if it’s a risk to anybody. We’re going to keep social distance. There’s not going to be 10 people there – there’s probably going to be two there at the same time,” she said.

Cockerham is setting another date for photo shoots.

Once she has picked the date it will be posted on the Bella Blue Photography Facebook page.