It’s the Action News Jax “Drive and Dine Giveaway” where you have the chance to win a two-year lease on either a Ford F-150 truck or a Lincoln Aviator!
Every weekday morning, between 6:30 a.m. and 7 a.m., watch for the “Word of the Day” on CBS47 and FOX30 Action News Jax and text the word to 46757 for your chance to win!
Plus, every day on Action News Jax This Morning, two people will have a chance to win a $100 gift card and basket to Ford’s Garage Restaurant, located at Bozard Ford Lincoln!
The “Drive and Dine Giveaway” starts on Monday, October 26 and runs through November 25.
ACTION NEWS JAX DRIVE AND DINE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Action News Jax Drive and Dine Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal Florida and Georgia residents of Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Duval, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, and Union counties in Florida; and Brantley, Camden, Charlton, Glynn, Pierce and Ware counties in Georgia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Television Jacksonville, LLC d/b/a WJAX-TV and WFOX-TV (“Sponsor”), Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., Bozard Ford Co. (“Prize Provider”), and each their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 6:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on October 26, 2020 and end at 9:00 a.m. EST on November 25, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. To enter, follow the below steps:
A. Watch “Action News Jax This Morning,” weekdays starting at 6:30 a.m.: Watch Action News Jax This Morning (the “Show”) starting at approximately 6:30 a.m. (EST) on WJAX or WFOX (simulcast), weekdays beginning on October 26, 2020 and ending on November 25, 2020. During each weekday’s broadcast of the Show during the Sweepstakes Period between approximately 6:30 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., a “Word of the Day” (each, a “Daily Keyword”) will be shown on the screen.
B. Text the Keyword: When you see the Daily Keyword, enter by texting the correct Daily Keyword to 46757 to be entered in such day’s drawing. To be eligible, you must text the correct Daily Keyword anytime from the announcement time on the relevant day until 9:00 a.m. EST on the same day. A total of twenty-three (23) Keywords will be announced during the Sweepstakes Period.
By texting a Daily Keyword to 46757, you consent to receive one (1) automated reply text per entry to the number you provided Sponsor regarding your entry or this Sweepstakes. You understand that consent is not required to make a purchase. The text message you send is your electronic signature agreeing to these terms and to giving electronic written consent to receive informational automated text messages from Sponsor regarding your entry or this Sweepstakes. Text and data rates apply – participants will be charged for sending and receiving under this Sweepstakes according to his/her carriers' rate plan(s).
Limit: one (1) text entry per mobile number per unique Daily Keyword.
Maximum one (1) entry per day per person, per mobile number. The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, automated, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or postage-due entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. Every weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, two (2) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received that day that contain the correct Daily Keyword (each, a “Daily Winner”).
At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select five (5) potential Grand Prize Qualifiers in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period that contain the correct Daily Keyword(s) (each, a “Grand Prize Finalist”). A person can be selected as a Daily Winner and a Grand Prize Finalist during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of being selected as a Daily Winner vary and depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Odds of being selected as a Grand Prize Finalist vary and depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Odds of winning Grand Prize are 1:5.
5. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, there will be up to two (2) potential Daily Winners each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period (for a maximum total of 46 Daily Winners) and one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner:
· Daily prize:
o One (1) $100 gift card to Ford’s Garage Restaurant for each daily potential winner.
o Gift card subject to terms and conditions of gift card issuer.
· Grand Prize will be a two (2) year lease on either (winner to select) a new Ford F150 truck or a new Lincoln Aviator.
Total ARV of all prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $29,600.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
Pre-Conditions on Claiming the Car: In addition to the requirements identified in these Official Rules, to claim and receive the Grand Prize, potential Grand Prize winner must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, pass the credit approval requirements of qualified credit, and execute the lease agreement with and as provided by Prize Provider (the “Lease Agreement”). For more information on the Lease Agreement, please contact Prize Provider. Grand Prize winner is responsible for sales and income tax.
Car Exclusions and Terms: The Grand Prize covers monthly lease payments and may exclude other costs such as excess mileage, gas, maintenance, license/registration after first year, federal/state taxes, cost of compliant insurance for the duration of the lease, and end-of-lease charges, any other lender or other charges identified in the Lease Agreement and/or related documents, and all other costs that are not expressly listed in the Grand Prize description and that are incurred in claiming, registering, or using the Grand Prize. See Lease Agreement terms for details. Prize Provider will determine all Car options including, but not limited to, motor, powertrain, suspension, brakes, and exterior and interior colors. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or options not included in the prize description. Sponsor and Prize Provider do not make and are not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, whether express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize including but not limited to its quality, fitness for any purpose, or mechanical condition. The Grand Prize will be delivered solely with the express limited warranties set forth in the Grand Prize’s Owner’s Manual, if any, which warranties will run for the term set forth in the manual. Prize Provider reserves the right to extend the delivery date or, in its sole discretion, to substitute another model or another vehicle for any reason whatsoever.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified throughout the course of the Sweepstakes Period at the telephone number, email address and/or U.S. Mail address provided on the potential winner’s entry form. Entry into the Sweepstakes shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor in the event the Sponsor notifies the winner by telephone.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within three (3) days of notice or attempted notice.
Unless otherwise direct by Sponsor, to claim his/her daily prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 11700 Central Parkway Unit 2, Jacksonville FL, 32224 within seven (7) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. EST and 5:00 p.m. EST, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID. For the Grand Prize, the drawing will be held at Bozard Ford Lincoln, 540 Outlet Mall Blvd., St. Augustine, FL 32084 at a date and time to be determined, but no later than December 7, 2020. Unless otherwise instructed by Sponsor, Grand Prize Finalists will be required to attend the Grand Prize drawing at the dealership location in order to win the Grand Prize.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to five (5) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor and Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and Sponsor and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., BOZARD FORD CO., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that SPONSOR makeS no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and SPONSOR hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor and Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor/Sponsor. Action News Jax “Drive and Dine Sweepstakes” is sponsored and administered by Cox Television Jacksonville, LLC d/b/a WJAX-TV and WFOX-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after December 1, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit actionnewsjax.com/contests or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Action News Jax “Drive and Dine Sweepstakes”, 11700 Central Parkway, Unit 2, Jacksonville FL, 32224. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Craig Davenport, Director of Marketing at 904-996-0412.
© 2020 Cox Media Group