Columbia County's 911 center has a new feature to make it easier to find people in an emergency.
It just partnered with a company called RapidSOS -- which is supposed to pinpoint exactly where someone is calling from.
The company says about 85% of people call 911 from cellphones these days.
- JSO dive team at a retention pond off Philips Highway
- I-95 closed for hours after incidents in Jacksonville leads to stolen police SUV, high speed chase
- Jacksonville teacher removed from classroom over Pledge of Allegiance message to students
- Jeffrey Epstein autopsy finds broken bones in his neck, report says
- Baby left in hot car outside Arizona Target as temperatures hit 112 degrees, police say
- One-of-a-kind indoor sports facility planned for St. Johns County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.