JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Neighbors in Jacksonville Beach can sign up for the next Citizen Police Academy. The next class kicks off on July 11 at 6:30 p.m.
The 13 week course will help neighbors learn common answers about law enforcement.
The Jacksonville Beach Police Department said individuals who attend will get:
• Classy-looking golf shirt with the CPA logo;
• Notebook explaining police lingo, various laws, real crime reports, etc.;
• In-depth examination of a real-life homicide;
• Hands-on crime scene processing with our own C.S.I. expert;
• Ride in the front seat of a police car (prisoners ride in back!);
• Shoot a police officer’s gun at the firearms range;
• Up-close look at a SWAT Team in operation;
• Free snacks each week.
For more information on signing up for the citizen's academy, click here.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.