Fake sales are standard practice but especially abundant during the holiday season. Learn how promotional merchandise works to trick consumers into thinking they're getting deals & how to tell a real bargain from a fake one. Also today – It's a brutal housing market for would-be first time buyers. Renting & waiting is a viable alternative. Those needing to go ahead and buy now have more choice from new construction, and several avenues to explore to make a home purchase more affordable, including ARMs & ADUs.
- Retail Mind Games: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Home Buying Strategies: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- Retailers are using a simple mind trick on you to make their discounts seem bigger than they are
- Disney World and Disneyland raise prices for passes and tickets
- Google Play – Property Assistant by Flyreel
- The Real Reason Why Your Insurer May Not Renew Your Policy
- Axios:Charted: Homebuyers' call to ARMs
- Tiny Homes Are the Hot New Homeowners' Accessory – WSJ
- How To Buy a House in 9 Steps / Is It Safe To Buy a Home Out of Foreclosure?
- Best 529 College Savings Plans By State
- Simple Interest vs. Compound Interest: The Main Differences
- How to Buy a Used Car in 7 Steps
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 10.26.23 Retail Mind Games / In A Brutal Housing Market – Strategies For Homebuyers appeared first on Clark Howard.