As you and your wallet no doubt can attest, a lot of things are going up in price these days, which makes it all the more important for you to try to find items on sale.
Money expert Clark Howard says what's interesting about the American economy right now is that while some items are skyrocketing in price, others are dropping low, low, low!
“Obviously, you go in the supermarket, it’s been bad ugly,” Clark says. “You try to buy a house. It’s been bad ugly. You try to rent an apartment: bad ugly. Getting a car, new or used: bad ugly. But then, buying stuff has been a real deal in so many categories.”
So where are those deals? Along with Clark, we’ve enlisted ClarkDeals.com Managing Editor Charis Brown and Senior Editor Sarah Jordan to tell us what items are on sale right now.
Where Are the Great Deals Right Now?
Laptops and Computers
Clark says people were paying big money for computers at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, but that’s not the case anymore.
Here are some current deals:
- Save $165 on this Dell touchscreen 11 3100 2-in-1 Chromebook
- Save up to $120 on this Apple Macbook Air 13″3
- Check out these Chromebooks for under $200
If you’re not quite ready to buy right now, Sarah says Amazon Prime Day will likely be a good time to buy a laptop, as many retailers will drop prices to compete with Amazon. (We’re still waiting on word from Amazon about the exact date in July 2022.) “I also think laptops will drop again when we get closer to back-to-school time in late July/August,” Sarah says.
“We have seen a handful of good deals on TVs recently, especially the larger sizes: 58 inches or higher,” says Sarah.
Here are some great TV deals:
- Save up to $100 on a Samsung 70″ class 4K smart Tizen TV
- Save $202 on this Samsung 55″ class QLED 4K
- Save $350 on this Hisense 65? R6 series 4K Roku smart TV
Clark says apparel prices are low because there is an excess of inventory, and retailers are trying to get rid of it.
“The clearance sales on clothing are all over the place, and retailers actually have trailer-loads full of clothing that they can’t even inventory out of the trailer into their backrooms to put on the floor,” Clark says. “A lot of clothing is … going directly to clearance-type retailers like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls, and stores like that have inventory coming out of their ears, and everybody wanting to sell it to them.”
Charis says some other retailers also have some good sales. "Costco tends to have great prices on clothes. There's also a "Buy 5, Save $20" promotion right now as well as a "Buy 10, Save $50," she says.
Here are some great clothing deals:
- Save $15 on these Fruit of the Loom men's mesh shorts
- Save up to 93% at Nordstrom Rack
- Save up to $60 on Jenni's women's loungewear
Appliances that were so ridiculously expensive in 2020 and 2021 are much cheaper now, Clark says. “Now retailers are falling all over themselves offering sales, rebates and gift cards, and anything, saying, ‘Come and get this appliance from us, please!’”
Sarah says Lowe's will typically do a "deal of the day," greatly reducing the price on a single major appliance. "You just have to keep your eye out," she adds.
Here are some appliance deals we’re seeing:
- Save up to $112 on these appliances on Woot
- Save $94 on this iRobot Roomba
- Save $180 on this refurbished Cuisineart air fryer
Cell Phone Service
With AT&T and Verizon raising prices, now's the time to get cell phone service with some cheaper alternatives.
Here’s where you can get a deal on cell phone service:
- Mint Mobile: The wireless provider offers plans as low as $15 per month (you pay three months at a time). Read our review.
- Google Fi: Unlimited plans start as low as $20 per line. Read our review.
- Tello Mobile: Running on T-Mobile's network, Tello has plans starting at $10 a month. Read our review.
With demand for exercise equipment waning, Clark it’s a great time to get workout gear for cheap.
“Kind of like people got pandemic puppies, people got pandemic home exercise equipment, thinking they’d get off the sofas and they’d get on the machines. Then they turned out to be much better at holding laundry that needed to be folded than being used as exercise equipment,” he says of the gear. “Now people are selling that stuff off used.”
Here are some great deals on exercise equipment:
- Save $40 on this refurbished Garmon Forerunner 45 GPS sport watch
- For $169, this Apple Watch can be yours
- Save $20 on this Fitbit Versa 2
You can also find great deals on exercise gear on reseller sites like Facebook Marketplace and Poshmark.
Here are some great deals on home furniture:
- Save $26 on this Edenbrook dresser/storage organizer
- Save $43 on Sterno home solar LED string lights
- Save $90 on this headboard at The Home Depot
See more great deals from The Home Depot as well as the many ways to save there.
Bonus: Seasonal Items
Clark says, because of the supply chain disruptions that have plagued much of the retail world, seasonal goods of all types didn’t show up on time. Many of those items are going for cheap right now.
When it comes to seasonal products such as patio and garden items, here’s what’s on sale at the following retailers:
As always, Clark wants you to comparison shop before you spend your hard-earned money on something you want or need.
“As for the general inflationary thing going on in the country, If you’ve never experienced it before, I know it feels hopeless, but I promise, it’s not,” he says. “The inflation that we have is going to get under control.”
More Deals From Clark.com:
- How To Save With Amazon Renewed
- How To Use Camelcamelcamel
- 9 Best Deal Sites: Slickdeals, Woot and More
The post 7 Things That Are Actually a Great Deal Right Now appeared first on Clark Howard.