The world is slowly getting back to normalcy. More people are getting vaccinated and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have lifted some COVID-19 rules.
With the world getting back to how it once was, many businesses are looking to get back on their feet.
Businesses are desperately looking to fill positions. Below is a list of job fairs being hosted in the northeast Florida area this week, May 17 - May 23.
- Career fair for veterans: This job fair is for transitioning members of the military, veterans, military spouses, and dependents. It will be hosted virtually by RecruitMilitary and DAV on May 18 from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. Anyone that is interested in attending this virtual event can register HERE.
- Northeast Florida hospitality job fair: Many entry-level positions from cashiers to servers to chefs and so much more will be available at this job fair. This hiring event will take place at four locations around town including Fernandina Beach, Jacksonville Beach, downtown Jacksonville, and St. Augustine. The event will be on May 18 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Employers will be conducting job interviews on-site. To see what employers will be at the event and to register, click HERE.
- St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce virtual job fair: Career Source will be hosting this job on May 20 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. More than 40 companies will be participating in this event. The list of jobs that will be available at this job fair includes legal, healthcare, hospitality, sales, industry, manufacturing, service, labor, staffing, wellness, and many more. Job seekers can register for this event HERE.
- McDonald’s: While this may not be a job fair, the company is looking to fill more than 2,000 positions in the north Florida area. Job seekers can go to a restaurant and do an in-person job interview. These people will receive a crispy chicken sandwich meal. Anyone interested in a position can visit McDonalds.com/careers OR text ‘apply’ to 36453.
- Career kickoff and drive-thru grocery giveaway: The City of Jacksonville will host this career kickoff event this Saturday, May 22 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. At this event representatives with CareerSource Northeast Florida will help job seekers complete applications. Job seekers will be able to fill out an application to Amazon. The first 15 job seekers that attend the event will be provided with lunch. Jobseekers must email CBCR@COJ.net to register for the event.
Cox Media Group