TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — State agencies updated a variety of numbers Thursday related to the coronavirus in Florida. Here are some takeaways:
- 232,718: Total number of cases.
- 8,935: Increase in cases from a Wednesday count.
- 4,009: Deaths of Florida residents.
- 120: Increase in deaths from a Wednesday count.
- 2,529,748: Unemployment claims processed from March 15 to Wednesday.
- 1,662,431: Unemployment claimants paid.
- 19.7: Percentage of available hospital beds statewide.
- 14.4: Percentage of available adult intensive-care unit beds statewide.
- 2,460: State prison inmates who have tested positive.
- 28: Prison inmates who have died.
- 136: Youths in the state juvenile justice system who have tested positive.
- 134: Workers in the juvenile justice system who have tested positive.
NUMBER OF CASES IN NORTHEAST FLORIDA:
- BAKER, 127 (+7)
- BRADFORD, 113 (+8)
- CLAY, 1,254 (+96)
- COLUMBIA, 421 (+29)
- DUVAL, 11,028 (+589)
- NASSAU, 405 (+30)
- PUTNAM, 619 (+53)
- ST. JOHNS, 1,632 (+115)
- UNION, 101 (+2)
Sources: Florida Department of Health, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida Department of Corrections, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
© 2020 Cox Media Group