DECATUR, Ga. — The Georgia Bureau of Investigation held a news conference Friday morning after announcing the arrest of William Roddie Bryan in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.
Bryan, who recorded the video that caught national attention of the Feb. 23 fatal shooting of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery, was arrested Thursday and is facing felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment charges.
Story continues below:
Arbery was in the Satilla Shores neighborhood in Brunswick when both Gregory and Travis McMichael confronted Arbery with two firearms. During the encounter, Arbery was shot and killed.
Bryan was booked into the Glynn County Jail. Action News Jax reported when the GBI arrested Gregory McMichael and his son Travis McMichael on May 7. They face charges of felony murder and aggravated assault.
The full news conference is available to watch in the video above. Here are some key takeaways:
- The GBI feels confident that those who needed to be charged in the case have been charged. The GBI does not anticipate more arrests for murder. “We go wherever the facts take us,” said GBI Director Vic Reynolds.
- The GBI confirms there are several videos that are a part of this investigation.
- Cobb District Attorney Joyette Holmes says her office is focused on the prosecution of the case.
- Holmes anticipates the counsel for the McMichaels will file motions for bond hearings.
- The GBI won’t speak to anything related to the search of the McMichaels’ home.
Action News Jax is reviewing the warrants for arrest of Bryan. The warrants stated Bryan made multiple attempts to confine and detain Arbery with his car thus leading to the 25-year-old’s death.
- GBI investigators search home of men accused of killing Ahmaud Arbery
- More videos in the Ahmaud Arbery case show the fatal shooting at different angles, according to attorney
- Ahmaud Arbery was chased for over 4 minutes before being shot, killed, attorney says
- Homeowner doesn’t believe Ahmaud Arbery stole anything before his death
- Ahmaud Arbery: Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael arrested, charged with 25-year-old man’s murder, aggravated assault
- Ahmaud Arbery: Attorney for man who recorded video of fatal shooting releases statement
- Waycross: Church leaders demand local district attorney resigns following Ahmaud Arbery’s murder
- Ga. Attorney General looking into handling of Ahmaud Arbery case
© 2020 Cox Media Group