BRADFORD COUNTY, Fla. - An 18-year-old suffered serious injuries after being involved in a crash while on an ATV on US-301, FHP reports. They were transported to UF Health Gainesville for treatment.
- Prison inmates dead after incident at Columbia Correctional Institution
- 'I don't feel safe': Surveillance video captures man peering into Jacksonville woman's home
- Tropical Storm Humberto expected to become a hurricane
- RESTAURANT REPORT: 48 rodent droppings found at Ho Ho Chinese, inspectors say
- Woman buys 20 homeless people Taco Bell meals, employees then tell them to leave restaurant
- Tennessee marching band wears shirt inspired by bullied Florida boy's design
According to FHP, the 18-year-old was stopped on the southbound outside lane on US-301. A second vehicle was traveling south in the outside lane and struck the ATV. The driver of the ATV was thrown from the vehicle and projected across the median into northbound lanes.
A third vehicle was driving in the outside lane and did not see the 18-year-old in the roadway. The driver of the third vehicle quickly swerved into the inside lane, but could not avoid running over the 18-year-old.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.