The Clay County School district serves elementary, middle and high school students in Orange Park, Middleburg, Green Cove Springs, Fleming Island, Penney Farms, Clay Hill, Oakleaf and Keystone Heights. The district’s mission is to give students rigorous and relevant instruction to help them beyond their public school education.
Here are seven signs you attended a Clay County school:
1. You looked forward to April to attend the fair and get a wrist band for unlimited rides.
2. You rarely crossed the Buckman Bridge.
3. Orange Park Mall was the hangout on Saturdays.
4. You know about Club Christopher’s on Wells Road.
5. You looked forward to playing basketball on 220 on Sundays.
6. Steak n Shake was the place to be after Friday night football games.
7. You looked forward to attending the Clay vs. Fleming rivalry football game.
This list was written by alumna of a Clay County school.
Visit our back to school section for the bus stop forecast, lunch menus and more.
Watch the Action News Jax Family Focus special at 8 p.m. Aug. 7 on CBS47.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.