St. Johns County Sheriff's Office announced the arrest of nine men in a child sex sting that was orchestrated by St. Johns County undercover detectives.
The undercover detectives posed as children online and arranged meetings with unknown individuals in St. Johns County.
Nine individuals traveled in an attempt to solicit children and were arrested, according to the Sheriff's Office.
All of the suspects arrested are between the ages of 18 and 34. Three of the suspects arrested were from Duval County, one from St. Johns County, one from Alachua County, one from Clay County, one from Flagler County, one from McChord, Washington and one from South Gate, California.
All nine of the following suspects are facing felony charges:
- Clarence Bernard Thomas, 28, from Jacksonville.
- Orion Kade Healy, 19, from Palm Coast.
- Michael Edward Beck II, 21, from Jacksonville.
- Raymond Edward Wygant, 25, from McChord, Washington.
- Ethan Nathaniel Persson, 18, from St. Augustine.
- Ernie Mendoza Aleman, 31, from South Gate, California.
- Matthew Bernard Browne, 28, from Gainesville.
- Jhony Antonio Chacon-Montiel, 34, from Jacksonville.
- Joshua Ryan Blankenship, 28, from Green Cove Springs.
- Retired Jacksonville police officer opens up about murder of daughter
- State investigating Fernandina Beach gas station for allegedly selling tainted gas
- Pastor: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony shows no sign of brain damage
- DCPS investigating North Shore Elementary teacher for reportedly spanking student with shoe
© 2020 Cox Media Group