BAKER COUNTY, Fla. — Calls to 911 reveal the moments after a pizza delivery driver jumped out of the trunk of a moving car to escape her kidnapper.
"I’m here on Interstate 10 at the 121 exit in Macclenny, and a girl just jumped out of the trunk of a moving car," one caller said.
Cornelius Ruise, 32, is accused of luring the pizza delivery driver to an abandoned home in Jacksonville and forcing her into the trunk of her car at gunpoint.
The car was going at least 40 miles per hour down the interstate when she jumped from the trunk.
Witnesses stopped to help and called 911.
Later that night, Ruise tried to rob a Dollar General in Union County and set fire to the woman's car in Baker County, according to police.
He turned himself in to the Baker County Sheriff's Office on Sunday night.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Instead of tip, waitress gets insulting, xenophobic message
- Man kills wife, critically injures 6-year-old in Brunswick shooting
- Robbery, abduction suspect turns self in to Baker County authorities
- Police: No child abduction in Jacksonville
- Toddler found floating in air pocket under flipped boat hour after crash
Cox Media Group