The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department said it is working a structure fire in Arlington.
JFRD said the fire spread and caught neighboring apartments on fire.
The Red Cross has been called to help two adults, 3 children and a dog, according to JFRD.
Action News Jax reporter Christy Turner was at the apartment complex gathering information.
Firefighters on scene told Turner that the vacant home was destroyed and that there was exterior damage to the apartments, but JFRD says “it could’ve been a lot worse.”
JFRD said that there was some smoke damage to apartment units.
One person was transported to the hospital, according to JFRD.
JFRD says the vacant home was destroyed. There’s exterior damage to the apartments, but JFRD says “it could’ve been a lot worse.” Some smoke damage to apartment units. One person was transported to the hospital. @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/zaMcNwgqtU— Christy Turner (@ChristyANJax) June 13, 2019
This is a developing story. Refresh this page, follow @ActionNewsJax on Twitter and watch Action News Jax for the latest.
Red Cross has been called for 2 adults, 3 kids and a dog as of right now.— MyJFRD (@JFRDJAX) June 13, 2019
Crews responded o a residential structure fire in the 1200 block o Bretta street..heavy fire showing.— MyJFRD (@JFRDJAX) June 12, 2019
That fire quickly expose and aught neighboring apartments on fire on Arlington rd.— MyJFRD (@JFRDJAX) June 12, 2019
- JSO: Suspects with hammers rob Jared jewelry store located at the Town Center
- Families rallying around children of St. Simmons Island couple killed in head-on crash
- SJSO: Party thrown in model home in Ponte Vedra causes damage
- Photos: Men arrested, accused of using Macclenny home as 'market place' for drugs
- 3-month-old baby girl dies in sweltering car after mother forgets her
© 2019 Cox Media Group.