JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — We're keeping a list of area organizations that are closing for Hurricane Dorian.
As the category storm gets closer to the Florida coast, more organizations will announce closures.
- St. Marys Police Department announced Wednesday that waterfront park pier and docks are closed.
- NAS Jacksonville Commanding Officer's is ordering the closure of NAS Jacksonville to non-essential personnel beginning at 4 p.m. Monday. Several facilities will remain open until Tuesday at 2 p.m. for hurricane relief items. These include:
Navy Exchange Gas Station, Navy Exchange Main Store and Home Store, NAS Jax Commissary, Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society. All NAS Jax gates and the Visitor Control Center will remain open until 2 p.m. Tuesday. At that time, only the Yorktown (Main) Gate will remain open. Only mission essential personnel will have access to the base on Tuesday after 2 p.m. and on Wednesday. Tuesday and Wednesday will be considered days of administrative leave for all civilian personnel assigned to the station.
- Duval County's beaches will close until further notice midnight Monday night. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. Monday, local police are asking people to stay off the beach, stay out of the water and out of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- The Duval County Courthouse will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 3. All jury service next week has been canceled.
- Cummer Museum will be closed from Sunday, Sept. 1 through Wednesday, Sept. 4.
- Ascension St. Vincent's medical group offices are closed through Wednesday, including primary care, urgent care and specialty care clinics. Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County, Riverside and Southside locations are closing to vistors only beginning at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- Baptist Health has posted a full list of current openings and closures online; click HERE to view.
- The Jacksonville Humane Society will be closed on Wednesday, Sept. 4 and plans to reopen Thursday, Sept. 5. Check back for updates on their website.
- Jaxport Terminals are now closed to all commercial traffic, JSO tweeted Monday night. The Carnival cruise set to sail Thursday, Sept. 5 is being evaluated, JSO said passengers can text CCL12 to CRUISE (278473) for updates.
- Nemours Children's Specialty Care will be closing its three Northeast Florida locations Wednesday, Sept. 4. Patients are encouraged to call the Nemours weather hotline at (904) 697-3566 for the latest updates about operating hours.
St. Johns County:
All vehicular access to St. Johns County beaches will be restricted beginning Sunday until conditions improve.
Anastasia State Park Campground is closed and the park will close Saturday at sunset and remain closed through the duration of the storm.
St. Augustine Amphitheatre Box Office and the Farmers Market will be closed on Saturday, August 31
St. Johns County Planning and Zoning Agency meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 5th has been canceled.
Matanzas State Forest has closed the following campgrounds: Cedar Creek Campground, Matanzas State Forest Group Camp.
St. Johns County Library book drops will be locked and sealed at the end of the day on Saturday, August 31. All bookmobile stops scheduled for Tuesday, September 3 have been canceled.
Council on Aging Services will closed September 2-4, 2019.
Castillo de San Marcos and Fort Matanzas National Monuments is closed.
The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners regular meeting and the special budget meeting scheduled Tuesday, September 3 have been canceled. It has been rescheduled for Sept. 12.
Flagler College has canceled classes for Sept. 2 to 4.
Florida School for the Deaf and Blind has canceled classes and sent students home. The campus remains open for 11 and 12 month employees.
The Council on Aging offices will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 3 and Wednesday, Sept. 4. The closure includes all five senior centers, the Sunshine Bus and Paratransit.
The St. Johns County Courthouse and Clerk of Courts Offices will close through Wednesday, Sept. 4.
The Planning and Zoning Agency meeting scheduled for Sept. 5 has been canceled.
St. Johns County libraries are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
All St. Johns County Parks and Facilities are closed and recreation programs are canceled until further notice, according to the St. Johns County Emergency Management.
The St. Johns Golf Club is closed until further notice, according to the St. Johns County Emergency Management.
St. Augustine Municipal Marina is now closed until further notice.
Baptist Medical Center Beaches is closed has been evacuated for the approaching storm, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted Monday.
- The Putnam Clerk of Courts offices will close through Wednesday, Sept. 4.
- The Florida Department of Transportation will close the County Rd. 310 bridge starting Tuesday, Sept 3. The bridge will remain closed until the storm calms down and follow up inspections can be conducted to determine the bridge is sage to reopen. Earlier closure is possible depending on conditions.
- Cumberland Island is beginning closure operations today. All visitors and staff will be evacuated from the island at the 2:45 p.m. ferry. Anyone with camping reservations affected by the ongoing closure will be refunded through Recreation.gov. Those with ferry reservations who are affected will also be refunded.
- Jekyll Island Causeway will be closing Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 8 p.m. until further notice.
- The Sidney Lanier Bridge will also be closed beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 8 p.m. until further notice.
- Nassau County Baptist Medical Center announced Monday, Sept. 1, that the hospital will close at 3 p.m. Monday. Patients have already been evacuated from the facility, according to a Facebook post. Residents needing emergency care are asked to find a nearby urgent care clinic or a hospital in the Jacksonville area.
- Live updates: Hurricane Dorian continues to strengthen
- Water: Jacksonville shoppers find empty water shelves as they prepare for Dorian
- Evacuation: Look up your evacuation zone here
- Supply Kit: What supplies you need ahead of Dorian landfall
- Sandbag locations: Here's where you can get sandbags ahead of Dorian
- Price Gouging Info: Florida attorney general encourages residents to report price gouging, use new app ahead of storm
- School closure updates: School closure announcements ahead of Hurricane Dorian
© 2020 Cox Media Group