ATLANTIC BEACH, Fla. - The Atlantic Beach Police Department is hosting Tip a Cop on Tuesday, Oct. 22, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Jumpin' Jax House of Food at 1021 Atlantic Boulevard to raise money for Special Olympics Florida.
Tip a Cop is a Law Enforcement Torch Run fundraising event in which law enforcement officers assist with waiting tables at a restaurant and collect donations from the patrons for Special Olympics Florida.
- Joleen Cummings case: Murder suspect Kimberly Kessler is competent, treatment staff says
- Jacksonville star high school basketball player shot on walk home, source says
- Submit your photos: Action Sports Jax Gardner Minshew Lookalike Contest
- Changes are coming to this year's Sea and Sky Air Show at Jax Beach
- Florida Department of Health confirms measles case in Duval County
- Florida toddler dies after being left in hot Jeep outside Tampa home, police say
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
The Law Enforcement Torch Run is the largest awareness and fundraising event among Special Olympics Florida and law enforcement agencies. Statewide, the participating chiefs, officers, sheriffs, deputies, agents and cadets from virtually every branch of federal, state, county and municipal law enforcement represent a total of more than 300 different agencies that serve as Guardian of the Flame.
Publix Super Markets serves as the Premier Sponsor of the Florida Law Enforcement Torch Run.
To learn more about Special Olympics Florida and the Torch Run, visit www.specialolympicsflorida.org.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.