Neighbors in Green Cove Springs are being asked to keep an eye out for a bear that was spotted in the 1100 block of St. Johns Avenue on Thursday morning.
The bear was seen in the area around 9:23 a.m., according to Officer Robinson of the Green Cove Springs Police Department.
GCSPD shared a video on Facebook of the bear grabbing a hanging plant in a backyard. The bear then runs in the opposite direction.
Afterward, the bear went back into the woods in that area. If the bear re-emerges from the woods, police planned to call the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and have it safely relocated, Robinson said.
A bear was also spotted Thursday night in Green Cove Springs and FWC was responding to the area. It is unclear if it is the same bear that was spotted Thursday morning.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Teacher had sex with 13-year-old student, got pregnant, authorities say
- Lawsuit claims human skin found in Publix ice cream cake
- South Florida officers find 2 alligators eating human body
- SJSO: Woman with Xanax 'plays mermaid,' enters Vilano Beach homes
- Shocking road-rage video shows Florida driver slam into motorcycle
- Couple accused of beating up veteran at American Legion Post
© 2019 Cox Media Group.