BRUNSWICK, Ga. - A Brunswick child is dead after he was accidentally run over by his mother, according to police in Glynn County.
Police said the incident happened Wednesday in the parking lot to Brooklyn Homes around 6:40 p.m. and was captured on surveillance video.
Video reportedly showed a black Honda Accord pull into the parking lot from P Street and stopped.
The driver, Shandreil Smith, 29, of Brunswick, handed her son a bag of snacks from the driver's side window.
The child, Raynal Osbourne, 5, was standing next to the car at the time with his friend.
When Osbourne grabbed the snacks, he walked in front of the car and tripped, according to police.
Smith told police she was distracted because she was talking with her son's friend and did not see Osbourne trip.
Police said she accidentally ran over him before stopping.
Osbourne was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead, police said.
- Michelle O’Connell mom: World Golf Village father killed days after ‘bombshell’ records request
- Jacksonville man accused of threatening local Magic the Gathering players
- Strange incident at Jacksonville Gate gas station ends with deadly officer-involved shooting
- Jacksonville woman turns $20 into $1 million playing Florida Lottery
- “I’m not talking:” Action News Jax confronts St. Johns County sextortion suspect
© 2019 Cox Media Group.