Brucci's in Fruit Cove was burglarized Wednesday around midnight and the thief was caught on camera.
The video shows a person covered head to toe, making their way to the register with a crow bar in hand and clearing out all of the cash.
The owner of Brucci's said that the whole burglary took just a minute and that the thief was even wearing socks over his shoes to prevent footprints.
The owner said he has owned the restaurant on State Road 13 for the last 10 years and this is the first time someone has robbed him.
"To see somebody that comes in when they are not really supposed to and do what they did it’s kind of, yeah, it’s violating,” the owner said.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Casey Anthony paid criminal defense attorney with sex, private detective claims in court papers
- Partially nude selfie of Clay County firefighter posted online
- Three separate crashes with overturned vehicles snarl traffic
- Jacksonville officer caught slamming teen into wall in newly released video
- Mother confessed in smothering death of 4-day-old infant, deputies say
He said an investigator told him that he hasn't been the only recent target, and in the last three weeks, multiple other businesses have also been burglarized.
"Everything from a hair salon to my restaurant as well as a pediatrician’s office," the owner said.
This time, the thief was caught on camera. What the video doesn’t show, is the burglar ransacking the back office looking for more.
He said the thief only walked away with $300, but the crowbar used to break in caused nearly $2,000 worth of damage to his door.
“It could have been a lot worse. Luckily, none of my employees were there," the owner said.
We're told that the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office has promised more patrols in the area.
Cox Media Group