A former classmate of the mother of missing Jacksonville 5-year-old, Taylor Williams, is speaking only to Action News Jax.
LATEST ON TAYLOR WILLIAMS CASE:
- Taylor Williams: Search for missing person in Alabama area where girl's mother previously lived
- Detectives looking at Craigslist ad for child care possibly made by Taylor Williams' mother
- Sheriff on mom of missing Jacksonville girl: 'We need for her to cooperate with us'
- Timeline of events in disappearance of Jacksonville girl Taylor Williams
- 'The similarities are quite uncanny': Cases of two missing 5-year-old girls connected by mystery
Action News Jax obtained new pictures of Brianna Williams at a military pinning ceremony. Brianna Williams is under arrest for child neglect as investigators work to confirm if remains found in Alabama are that of Taylor Williams.
Brianna Williams' classmate, who asked to remain anonymous, said this is something she never could have imagined.
"She's not the same person she was in high school," the classmate said.
She recounted what Williams was like in high school.
“She’s always been quiet and been to herself,” she said. “… Like, really, to know Brianna is to love Brianna.”
Nearly one week ago, investigators revealed Brianna was in the hospital after an apparent overdose. She’s been charged with child neglect and lying to police.
Her classmate, who asked to remain anonymous, tells Action News Jax she initially struggled to believe Brianna played a part in Taylor’s disappearance.
“At first, I was like, there’s no way in the world that all of this, like, she … could do this stuff,” said the classmate. “But then as the story went to progressing, certain stuff didn’t make sense, half of the story didn’t make sense.”
As the investigation moves forward, she says many neighbors are still in shock and waiting to see how this all ends.
“Stuff like this right here, you just never thought that you’d even hear about this going on,” said the classmate.
© 2019 Cox Media Group