CLAY COUNTY, Fla. — A local father who went into cardiac arrest at his daughter’s soccer game is thankful for the people who sprang into action.
“I went into cardiac arrest and had seizures,” Chad Eason said.
It was the last thing Eason, 39, expected to happen while at his daughter’s soccer game in Clay County.
“My heart electrically went haywire,” Eason said.
TAYLOR WILLIAMS CASE
But help was there in an instant. Ryan and Amanda Haynes were among the crowd watching their child play. The Haynes happen to be a firefighter and a nurse.
“They worked on me until the paramedics got there,” he said.
Ryan Haynes started compressions while his wife, Amanda Haynes, hooked Eason up to an AED. They worked to revive him for about 11 minutes.
“I had not breathed, or my heart had not taken a breath for 11 minutes. Once the paramedics got there, they also attached their AED and shocked me simultaneously with both and that’s what ended up working,” Eason said.
Eason also said it was “definitely the biggest wake-up call I think that one could imagine. I want to thank God for using them as their tools that day, because I firmly believe that.”
Cox Media Group