JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Two women were ejected from a vehicle during a police chase early Tuesday morning, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
The police chase started at 1:40 a.m. in the 9600 block of West Beaver Street near Chaffee Road when an officer tried to stop a speeding vehicle, suspected of possible DUI.
Beaver Street is blocked at Chaffee Road after a police chase ended in a crash. The lieutenant on scene tells me an officer tried to stop a driver for a possible DUI but the car fled. It crashed in front of the Dollar General @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/cqsfG6IN7k— Brittney Donovan (@brittneyANjax) June 18, 2019
The driver fled at a high rate of speed and did not stop, according to JSO.
The chase ended in the 11000 block of West Beaver Street after two women were ejected from the vehicle.
Police say both were taken to the hospital. One of the women has life-threatening injuries, the other has serious injuries. The officer was not injured and did not crash.
At this time, it is unknown if the car was stolen or why they did not stop.
- St. Johns County release picture, name of suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run
- 9th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while vacationing with friends
- Police chase ends with 2 women badly hurt in West Jacksonville
- "He took my kid, that's unforgivable to me": Mother opens up about her son's suspected killer
- Thieves are using new technology to take money from families in multicounty skimming ring
© 2019 Cox Media Group.